I don't think I've mentioned how much these kids appetites have increased since we've been here - they must all be hitting simultaneous growth spurts! Just today for breakfast Camilla had:
french toast, pancakes, sausage, cereal, oatmeal, muffin, banana, and toast. And she's still smiling after eating all that food. Luckily it's free all you can eat breakfast at the Embassy Suites! Since all the kids got puzzles at the party last night, we declared this morning as the official "puzzle-putting-together-movie-watching" morning. I LOVED watching movies as a kid on my days off and it's still one of my favorite things to do when I've got time to kill at night (not very often these days). It's not often that I sit down with the kids and enjoy a movie WITH them without working on anything else - just laughing at the funny parts together and having them sit on my lap. It was great!

After Noall got off work, we headed east of San Juan to see one of the beaches that is sheltered and is supposed to be great for swimming. On the east side of the island (by the rain forest) it rains almost every day. Usually just a drizzle, but even when it's heavy it doesn't last long...just enough to give everything a good soak. So we weren't too worried when we showed up to the beach and it was raining. We ended up seeing a few different rainbows - a favorite of the kids.

Alex started to get the hang of body surfing...but not without getting plenty of sand in his face!

Not particularly scenic of the sunset...but I tried!
Everyone found their fair share of coconuts! I'm really hoping to
find some yummy drink served in a coconut for Zach. He's obsessed with the idea of coconuts. I bought one, but left it in the bag and it got moldy...maybe something for Christmas?
I got such a kick out of this advertisement. This beach in Luquillo is lined with little kiosks all serving typical Puerto Rican fried food. Pretty much anything you can imagine up can be fried. The list of options is here:
Any requests???




0 comments:
Post a Comment