Sunday, December 20, 2009

Day #11: Sunday

Despite attending this ward last week, and going to the Christmas Party on Friday night, the kids were still hesitant to attend Primary by themselves.  So I went with them - I got to play the piano and sing Primary songs with everyone (all 9 kids...including my 4).  Alex eventually warmed up and even tried to speak Spanish.  I should have taken pictures, but I didn't...so, just imagine!

This afternoon we all took naps (well, almost everyone...Zach and Camilla opted out).  And, all I have to say about that is, "Is there anything better than taking a Sunday afternoon nap with your hubby?  Seriously?".  We don't get them very often and I forgot how wonderful they are!

 Then we packed back up and all headed over to a resort hotel also owned by Hilton just west of San Juan.  Noall met the GM here and she offered for the whole family to stay.


 



They did so many little things to make this visit special for our family: a plate of cookies and left cold glasses of milk in the fridge, a plate of meats and cheeses w/crackers and olives, and even made animals out of towels on the beds...the kids about died they were so excited!  Someone drew and cut out the faces on the animals.  Here's an elephant:


 And here's the dog:



After we got settled, we had FHE on the beach.  I love teaching FHEs in December - the kids seem a little more tuned in and ready to soak up everything.  Camilla has been trying to brainstorm all the different references to Christ, so we made a list and discussed them.  I love that they are "getting" more every year!



 


 Random: At dinner I saw Zach dipping his tortilla chips in KETCHUP!  I had to post this for my brother, Jeremy, who once upon a time dipped EVERYTHING in ketchup!




P.S. Yeah, I'm all caught up!  But...starting tomorrow I will be without internet until Christmas Eve when Noall comes to see us in Aguadilla.  It was pretty weird to be w/o a phone and w/o internet the first time we went out there - I felt pretty isolated since I was hours away from Noall.  But, at the same time, it's nice to have a little break from all of it and just be a mom (and a wife on the weekends...).

0 comments: