Sunday, December 27, 2009

Day 17: Saturday

Today was magical.  Honestly.  It was.  I don't think I'm going to enjoy the adjustment of going back to "normal life".  We had heard about a little island called Gilligan's Island that was about an hour or so away, so we decided to check it out.  We took a ferry out to it  and spent most of the day there.


 The water so SO CLEAR and SO CALM!  The kids played and played and played.....


 
 
Going exploring with Daddy - checking out all types of fish...I have never been in water so shallow to far out.  You could just walk around and see fish everywhere just swimming around.


Alex and Emma are loving their "Daddy Time".

And Mommy is loving HER "Daddy Time"!

I found some amazing shells, but couldn't bring myself
to bring any of them home!  The were huge and beautiful and PERFECT...and had something living in them.  When I found the first one I was so excited and told the kids, "I found my souvenir!"  Camilla looked at it and said, "Mom, I don't think you should bring that home".  When I asked her why not, she said, "There's something in it...it has eyes."  It was true...I looked at it more closely and it had two antennae things w/eyes on the ends of them looking around trying to figure out what was going on.  It was actually a little creepy!



We found this little beach where we could hang out undisturbed.


Have you ever seen anything like that before?  Seriously!

After we took the ferry back, we drove around to check out a couple of things...most importantly the lighthouse in Cabo Rojo.  There are (understandably) lighthouses all over the island - this one is still in great condition and is in the most south-western corner of the island.

Noall tried out the panoramic setting...pretty cool, huh?


After we got the kids to bed, we sat outside and visited with our neighbors in the backyard.  They are from Puerto Rico and gave us all sorts of tips and info about the island.  Some of them had lived in Southern California before, so it was fun to chat with them.

Whenever we see them, they are trying to get us to eat something.  I must have gained 10 lbs. on this trip (seriously)!  Tonight (after we had already eaten dinner...leftovers they had given us the night before) they insisted we eat TONS of grilled filet mignon w/AMAZINGLY sweet grilled onions...it was heavenly!
I love meeting great people everywhere we go (especially people who feed us)!

1 comments:

Katelin said...

So beautiful! I hope you thought of me when you were at the Lighthouse... =) You guys look like you're having a blast!