It was hard to pull them away from so much fun,, but we did need to eat lunch!
Random: had to take a picture of this...you don't see that in the US, now do you?
Another random side note: before we headed to the beach, we had to fill up the tires with air. For some reason that took us over an hour...did I mention that everything is a little slower here (especially anything that involves waiting in a line...).
Anyways, after Emma's nap it was off to the beach again. The kids wanted to go to the same one, and now that we've been twice, it's officially "our beach" according to the kids.

I wouldn't mind if this WERE my beach!

Some fishing boats out in the water - we actually talked to a couple of the local fisherman. One was a young guy who had caught a HUGE Mahi-mahi dorado (dolphin-fish). He was carrying over his shoulder and walking back home. The other was an older woman at least in her 70s - she was fishing from the beach and getting a huge kick out of the kids.

Always on the run somewhere! I loved checking out the tide pools over here - some of the same things as back home, some different...tons of HUGE crabs, black sea anenomes, and little sea snails everywhere.

Does it get any better than this???????? I LOVE this picture - click on it and see how perfect it is!!!

I don't know if you can see the kids in the water, but there they are off to the left. I have to admit that I had expected to relax a little at the beach w/the kids. I usually do when we go to the beach by our house. But when the water is warm and calm, the kids get IN the water, swim around, and swim away! At home, they barely get in the water, so I don't really have to watch their every move. But here, I had to have them come out of the water several times because they kept swimming off - and Alex isn't a strong swimmer yet, so it was a valid concern! Other differences here: the beaches are much greener, there aren't many families with kids at the beach (the couples either avoid us or ask us to take their picture), no sea gulls stealing your food and leaving their droppings all over the beach (just telling it like it is), and the kids have no fear...




3 comments:
paradise
Yeah! I'm so glad Erika sent me the link to your blog. I've been thinking of you guys. I had so much fun reading and looking at what you have been doing. What a fun, priceless, enriching experience you are having with your kids. Keep on posting... I will be keeping up.
Absolutely gorgeous! So jealous right now! Em, I'm a little surprised you haven't gotten one of those fisherman to take you out on their boat yet. :<)
Post a Comment