I was trying to take a cute picture of Alex this morning, but he was not in the mood for a photo shoot. I had to bribe him to smile by promising that he could take pictures of me after I was done. When I looked at the pictures he took it reminded why people say to "get down on a child's level when you talk to him/her". I try to remember to do that, but didn't realize what a big difference it made until I saw these two pictures. In one I quickly bent over for my "photographer" and in the other one I knelt down to talk to him before he took my picture. These kids really are living in the land of the giants (did you see how far I'm leaning over in the one picture?)...it can make such a big difference to get on their level (literally and figuratively)!
8 years ago
3 comments:
Love the perspective Em. Thanks for the reminder. :)
And by the way, I think you look so cute in the one outside. :) (Not that the other isn't...;)
This was great. Whenever my kids take my picture from their perspective, it does remind me how huge grown-ups are to them (and I'm bothered by how wide my face looks from that angle too-- just my vanity, I know!)
Your kids are super cute, and so lucky to have such a sweet and patient mother!
Alex is a pretty good photographer! These two came out cute.
Post a Comment