Monday, October 20, 2008

An Ode to Friends

Since we have almost always lived pretty far from family, we have created a sense of "family" in the friendships we have formed. Life can be so monotonous and there are inevitably things we have to do that we don't want to. One of the things I currently hate having to do is wake up poor Emma from her peaceful slumber to drag her around to pick up the older kids and run errands...I nurse her in the car all the time since we're on the go. A good friend of mine came over today to grab some things I had and she offered to stay with my little ones while I ate lunch with Noall and then picked up Zach and Camilla from school. It was SOOO wonderful! I got to spend 30 minutes with my hubby who is going out of town for a few days...we ate lunch on the beach and walked around before he had to go back to work. Then I got to go pick up the kids and visit with them...the whole time Emma has sleeping in her crib. Does life get any better...everyone got just what they needed/wanted. Days like this give me just what I need to go and conquer all the crazy days! Thanks to all of you, my dear friends, for making life so wonderful!!!

2 comments:

Malissa said...

sounds like a good time. what a great act of service. when exactly is noall going to be in these parts?

Emily & Co. said...

He gets there Wed afternoon...I think he left a message w/Mark but hasn't been able to get in touch w/him yet (last I heard...).