Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Alex...preschool or Sunday School?

Today in preschool I was telling the story about the lion and the mouse...for those of you not familiar with the story, the mouse promises to do something for the lion one day if he agrees no to eat him. So, the lion agrees, although he doesn't think the little mouse will ever be able to do something to help the lion. Turns out the lion is caught in a hunter's trap and tied to a tree. At this point, I asked the kids, "What do you think the lion did? Is there anyone who could help him?" Immediately Alex answered, "YES! Jesus Christ!" I agreed with him that we can always ask Jesus for help, and then he continued, "Jesus Christ will save him!" To which I responded, yes, Jesus Christ can save him...does the lion have a friend who could help gnaw through the rope?" Again, the answer was Jesus, so I decided to agree that we can always ask Jesus to help us and move on to the next lesson!

0 comments: