After school today, the kids and I cleaned up the house and played for a while and then headed over to the pool at Noall's hotel (it's not really HIS hotel, but the kids call it Daddy's hotel, and it's pretty catchy!). We didn't get there until after dinner, so no one else was swimming. It was so fun! Zach and Camilla are great swimmers...Alex is getting really comfortable swimming with his floaties and Emma slept in her car seat. We all swam and practiced diving and played catch in the pool...the water was so warm...we were "snuggling" in the water while we floated on our backs and looked at the stars...it was one of those "perfect" evenings you look forward to as a parent!!!
Now they are all in bed and I'm waiting for my hubby to get home, so I've actually taken time to read all my friends updates on their blogs...the theme that keeps repeating itself if summer ending and kids heading off to school. Everyone has mentioned how much they miss their kids when they are at school...I know I usually have delayed reaction to things, but I have actually really been looking forward to having one-on-one time with my little Alex. He has always had to share me with Zach and Camilla, and now we get to have special time with just the two of us. He helps me with chores (I won't mention how many loads of laundry he took upstairs to everyone's rooms after I had folded them today), we have tried to bake something for the kids every day when they get home (he LOVES to cook!), we read books together while I nurse Emma, and we'll watch a show together while I mend clothes or work on some project. He even eats whatever I make without complaining (even when I experiment with wheat berries and beans and spinach...). I don't even mind that it takes an hour to pick up the kids from school and drop them off in the morning (loading kids in the car, parking, etc.). I have been excited to be at home with my two little ones and make the same sort of memories with them that I did when I was at home with just Zach and Camilla. So, as much as I love my older kids, I know how much fun they are having and how many things they are learning, and I am relishing this time with my "babies". Does that make me a bad mom that I am excited for my big kids to be in school?
8 years ago
5 comments:
My big kids are all in school all day too now, and I am just home with my little guy. It has been fun having just the time with him, and I know the big kids are getting at school all the learning and socialization that it is hard for me to give them at home. I haven't quite figured out a good schedule for getting things done yet, but I am sure Z and I will settle in to something good. Thanks for the inspiration of good things to do with the babes at home.
Yes. Yes that DOES make you a bad mom. What will we do with you???
Yes, agree with you and Penny, all the parts. Now I'm wondering what I've said on my blog...maybe I should write a post about the "at home" part.:) I've yet to read about moms glad that there isn't any scuffles between older and younger siblings, so maybe that just happens in my house and I'm the only one not missing that!
You're not the only one with scuffles...my two boys are the worst with each other. Who would think that a 2 year old and 6 year old would know just what buttons to push to REALLY irritate the other one!?!?!
Em, I really don't think anything you do can go in the "bad mom" category! If you're a bad mom, then I'm an *evil* mom because I'm glad to send my "big kid" to school AND to send my "little kid" to preschool (I did that for the first time today)! Q and I have been enjoying some time together while Kendra is at school, too.
Post a Comment