Monday, September 1, 2008

Seaweed Kings and Queens





Although it may not seem like it at first glance, I learned today that there is an art to providing a Seaweed Queen (that was me) with sufficient seaweed to survive on land. First, you have to run into the waves and search carefully in the water to find a good patch of seaweed. Then you quickly grab it and run to shore (all the while watching for the next swell of waves)...this can be done as a team or individually depending on the size of the seaweed. Can you tell it was a fun Labor Day afternoon? I should have taken a picture of their seaweed offering to the Seaweed Queen when they were done!

2 comments:

The Allreds said...

that seems like a form of exercise : )
great memories!

Amy Coons said...

I was always scared of the seaweed when it would touch me. Maybe I just needed to be the aggressor instead!