Saturday, September 6, 2008

SOCCER!!!



Today was our first day as an official "soccer family". Zach was up and dressed in his uniform and cleats before 7 AM (we were all still sleeping since his game didn't even start until 10 AM). He got to play forward, mid-fielder and defender...he wants to try goalie next time. I have to admit that I was very surprised by what a great team player he was. I knew he was excited about playing, but I didn't really expect him to really get "in the game". But he did! He almost scored a goal and was repeating the coach's instructions to the other players. He'd say things like, "Okay, #9 and #2, let's spread out...or good job #9, way to hustle!" It was pretty cute!
I told Noall I was excited about going to the games and getting to know the other parents...everyone seems really nice and down to earth. After I shared those thoughts, I asked, "Don't you think this is going to be fun?" (mostly in reference to the family getting up and doing something together every Saturday morning...) He looked at me like I was clueless and said, "Do you have any idea how long a Dad waits for his son to be able to play in organized sports???!!!???". I had no idea what a big day this was for my 6 year old and my 29 year old! Zach said after the game, "I wish I could play soccer all day long until it was time to go to bed!" Looks like we'll be having fun these next few months!!!

2 comments:

The Allreds said...

love the striped uniforms. great to hear Zach's excitement and way in which he played. Wish he was on Garrett's team, they just like to wrestle!

Emily & Co. said...

How funny! You're so sweet to always share your comments! :) (I'm horrible at it!)