Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hiking around





I had forgotten how much I love to fall asleep watching the stars and to wake up to the morning sky with birds busily chirping about. The kids loved it, too - they were listening to different bird calls and trying to recognize what birds they were.

I also love watching my kids follow their dad on a hike and listen to him as he points out different things along the way. It's one of those "all is right with the world" moments.

And, yes, if you're wondering...Alex is wearing mismatched shoes (one is a princess tennis shoe) and Zach resorted to wearing Alex's pants. Ah, the adventures of going anywhere with a family of 6!

I also have to say that packing and unpacking is significantly easier than it was 2 1/2 years ago (the last time we went camping) since the kids are older and can help. We were totally unpacked and starting laundry in less than 45 min after we got home. That's got to be some sort of record!

1 comments:

Tiff said...

Looks like fun! I love going camping with little kids...it's a little more effort, but they enjoy it so much!