OK...it's been a while since Aimee tagged me and I'm finally getting around to complying! So, here goes (it probably shouldn't require so much effort to think of six mildly interesting facts about myself)...these thoughts are totally random:
1. Having baby #3 and turning 30 changed my life! I love the confidence they brought me...just feeling totally comfortable with who I am and the direction that my life and my family are going. I feel like I'm starting to have a clue about being a mom, being a wife, and life in general. I have been able to let a lot of things go and know that I'm still an okay person even if I don't always make homeade bread and bathe my kids every day! (now we'll see what baby #4 does to change my life!)
2. I got a sewing machine for my birthday last month and just finished my first project on that machine...I made little Christmas bags for Zach's kindergarten class so they can collect items for their scavenger hunt at the Christmas party. It was nice to feel like I have at least enough skill to complete a little project that will elicit smiles from five year olds!
3. My favorite thing about Christmas are Christmas lights...lights on houses, lights on trees...wherever they may be! I think my favorite thing about the holidays is turning off all the house lights, turning on the tree, and chatting with family or reading the scriptures.
4. I love smelling scented candles. The warm, sugary scented ones are always great (sugar cookie, vanilla, cinnamon, etc.), but cranberry-orange (Bed, Bath & Beyond) is also way up on my list! I would love to have more of them so I could enjoy them in my house and not just at the store! :)
5. My least favorite chore is also the one that needs to be done the most and that I find the most joy in when it's done...keeping up on the dishes! I always go in cycles of doing really well for a while of cleaning up at night...then I don't do so well...and then I do again! Since the missionaries were over for dinner tonight and helped clean-up, tonight I'm doing really well!
6. I've been craving peppermint ice cream for at least a month or two, but still can't spend the $5 or whatever it is to buy it (I can only find it in the more expensive brands)! Maybe for Christmas I'll splurge...
8 years ago
2 comments:
I will buy you peppermint ice cream for Christmas... cause it is soooo good with brownies!!
I look forward to it!
Post a Comment