What is it about the fall that makes it so magical!?!?!? Is it feeling a little chill in the air in the morning when you wake up? Taking an afternoon to pick out the perfect pumpkin? Having pumpkin waffles for breakfast (and dinner) with chopped walnuts, maple syrup and whipped cream? Is it going apple picking and spending the day canning with a friend while kids run around and make havoc of the house? Is it making sugar cookies and decorating them with candy corns? Is it smelling all the yummy soups and breads that warm the kitchen and bring the family to the table? Is it experiencing the joy of the harvest (albeit small)? Is it the precursor to the winter holidays? Or is it EVERYTHING about it!!! I L-O-V-E the fall (if you can't tell) and I get "homesick" for it every year here in sunny Orange County. So, I take what I can get and savor it as long as I can (yes, that means that I loaded up almost 50 pumpkins to bring back home to California...MOST of them were miniature)! Even Noall loved getting on his overalls to help pick pumpkins at my aunt and uncle's pumpkin patch while we were in Utah.
8 years ago
2 comments:
I just saw Mark's post on FB about the farm. I love seeing your pictures of the kids. I love, love, love fall too. It just makes me happy to pull out the decorations and make the fun treats and change everything around. Love ya, D
This is the best, I adore fall and all the beauty it provides!
Post a Comment