Thursday, October 7, 2010

Nostalgia




This is quite possibly my favorite place on earth! I love everything about it: the horses, the fields, the mountains, the yard, the climbing tree...literally everything. I have taken so many pictures of this view from my grandparent's balcony - just to make sure that I never forget how much I love it. It is the one place that I feel has always called me home.

Before my little sister was married, I planted tons of flowers in the yard to get ready for the outdoor reception there. We wanted to plant them thickly since we needed their color, but didn't have the luxury of time to wait for them to grow. My grandpa sat outside and watched me work while I dug, weeded, pruned, and planted...I think he didn't want me messing with his flower beds too much! He passed away a few weeks later - that is my last memory with him. Surprisingly, those flowers have grown back for the last two years...they are ridiculously huge and thick now, but I love to see them still there and they always take me back a couple of years!

3 comments:

Tiff said...

Can I just say DITTO! I love going there and feeling like I'm home. I always marvel at how quickly you can feel at peace by just walking around the back of the house. I love it!!

Rehberg Family said...

Those flowers are beautiful! What a pretty color!

Bethany said...

Goegeous!! Good job Em!