Monday, August 2, 2010

Admissions...


I hate to admit it, but I have never really encouraged my kid's entreprenurial plans. I never intentionally discouraged them, but I didn't encourage them, either. But, Camilla went to a friend's house last week and came home with money they had split form their "cookie Stand" earnings. So, no longer in need of encouragement (just permission), Camilla set off and started a lemonade stand. She bought the lemonade and the cups, made the lemonade, made posters, and helped set up the table. She decided to charge $1 for the lemonade. I explained to her that most people would consider that a touch over-priced which would discourage customers. But she was determined. In the first 2 minutes they were out there, a woman pulled over and bought some lemonade. Within 5 more minutes, 2 men pulled over to buy lemonade. She even had a couple stop buy after their wedding come and buy lemonade. They had the photographer take pictures of their first "married lemonade". It was pretty cute. They soon made $11.00. I guess I was the one who had a lesson to learn...cute determined kids who are waving and hailing down cars can probably sell anything for $1!!! (And, yes, if you were wondering, my kids are wearing long-sleeved shirts and pants in July. After the Utah/Idaho heat, they are "freezing" in the 60-70 degree weather!)

1 comments:

emily said...

That's adorable. :) I am always a sucker for the "lemonade" stands.