Thursday, February 4, 2010

2010

My posting are going to wax more reflective until we fix our camera, so consider yourself forewarned...  I am probably the exception, but I love taking about a month (most of January and sometimes even February) to reflect on my past year and decide what direction I want the new year to take with me personally and with my family.  So that's what I've been wrapping up over the last few days.  I've refined my "system" over the years to where it really works for me.  I actually probably shouldn't call them all goals (there are a lot of them)...it's more of a brainstorm of what things I want to make sure to do this year as a mom w/my kids, as a wife w/my husband, as a daughter of God to redeem the dead, proclaim the gospel and perfect the saints.  Some are specific goals, but most are things I want to remember to do that I think will improve relationships and create opportunities for connecting with and serving my family and friends.  I get so excited when I have all my thoughts down on paper (actually an excel spreadsheet...) and I feel inspired and ready to go for the year.  So, I'm on a little bit of a high this morning!  Have any of you set goals this year?????

1 comments:

Penny said...

Emily, all I can say is that you are so awesome and such an example of taking a dynamic role in your relationships with your family, husband and yourself. Makes me want to make a list of my own right now!