Monday, December 5, 2011

My Carnivore

I may have just created a vegetarian out of our biggest meat lover. Emma was eating her oatmeal (actually NOT eating it) when I reminded her to hurry and finish so she could go play.

Emma: It needs more sugar.
Mom: It already has honey.
Emma: It needs sugar.
Mom: Well, honey is sugar from the bees.
Emma: And where does milk come from?
Mom: Cows.
Emma: And what else do animals give us to eat?
Mom: We like to eat eggs from chickens.
Emma: And what else?
Mom: Well, sometimes we like to eat cows and chicken an pigs.
Emma: Why?
Mom: We think they taste good.
Emma: (visibly upset) MY heart does not think they taste good. (She thinks for a minute and then adds...) And GABE'S heart doesn't think they tastes good, either!!!!!

2 comments:

Katelin said...

Oh sugar!!!!! I feel her pain......I still struggle with large amounts of chicken. :)

Malissa said...

That's too funny.