We've been home for almost two weeks now...we've started soccer and are gearing up to start school next week. As much as I know they love school, we are really going to miss Zach and Camilla at home!!!!!! Speaking of home, I've recently been introduced to the world of "thrift store shopping" and "re-purposing" items around the house (Try and tell me you don't LLOOVVEE that garbage can!!!). I've had fun moving around bookcases and dressers, spray painting, and re-organizing almost every closet in the house. I even cleaned out my pantry/laundry room well enough to hang something on the wall that makes me smile every time I open the door! The result is much more space in the living areas, much more organized and purposeful storage area, all the little holes in my walls are gone (yeah!), and SOME creative juices are starting to flow! I can get a little OCD when starting something new, so I've been trying to reel it in the last couple days (the food in the house was gone and laundry was piled high!). I've been having a lot of fun w/the girl's bedroom - we even pulled out my old toe shoes today to hang on her shelves. I'm in LOVE with these ice cream chairs for the girls (which I WILL refinish eventually) and Emma already loves sitting in them!!! I still want to cover their lamp shade, repaint the dresser, and do SOMETHING to the windows...patience, right? Everything in my bedroom is now in plastic bins because my furniture was "gifted" to other parts of the house! It's definitely a work in progress but I'm excited to get started!
8 years ago
4 comments:
You know how much I love to find things, refinish them and have something fabulous that cost a fraction of what I would have paid for it in a store!!! Your house looks wonderful. Do I recognize that picture in your laundry room? Before you redo any wood furniture, there is this stuff I will get you the exact name, it is liquid sand paper. You wipe it on with a rag and then wipe it off, then repaint. Just use it outside, no kids touching it and don't be pregnant. ;) Love D
I love the pictures!!! And I love the chairs... are you changing the fabric? I like the purple!
That sounds like sooooo much work. Good luck! We're still in our remodel and I'm counting down the projects before it is complete. It's hard to juggle with our busy schedules! This week was the first that I haven't had stranger in my home doing some sort of work...ahhhhh to privacy! Those ice cream chairs are DARLING!
I love garage sales and having time to do projects. We redid Elianna's room and it was so fun! I put my blog private so if you want to look at it email me! alillisa53 at aol.com
Post a Comment