Friday, October 26, 2007

Family History Trip

The biggest highlight for our family this month was my 3 day trip to Salt Lake. It was a highlight for me because for the first time since I've been married, I traveled without a husband or kids. I met up with my cousin, Tiffany, sister-in-law, Bridget, and sister, Rachel to work on Family History in the library downtown.
Imagine (if you can) 27 hours over the course of 3 days in front on the computers analyzing Swedish church records that are hundreds of years old and there is no established spelling system...I have to admit that some of it was tedious, but most of if it was exciting as I actually learned how to decipher some of the records! And the best part was that we were able to go back several generations to find our family names!
It was a highlight for the kids because Noall took a couple of days off work, so they got to spend lots of time with their Daddy and with their friends! Can life get any better?!? I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed my conversation with Noall on the 3rd day when he called to say he didn't know how I kept my head on straight after staying home with the kids for 5 1/2 years! After having to get ready for the day at work (since he ran out of time at home and had to get Zach to school), leaving his toiletry bag a friend's house (where he dropped of the other two kids), and getting off the wrong exit on the way to work, the compliments of my mothering skills were flowing...it was very sweet to be the recipient of such praise, but I think it says more about my wonderful husband than it does my mothering skills!

1 comments:

Liz said...

Hey Emily! Welcome to the blogging world! A trip away without kids sounds like fun! That is fabulous that you got so much Family History work done!